[SOLVED] Can't generate Uniface Entities from existing MSSQL database

Author: azyakun@mail.ru (Zemskiy)

Hi, I am a new to Uniface. I want to create entities from existing MS SQL database. - I go Go To -> Administration -> Exchange Models -> Load Definitions... - Select MSS in dialog "Open DBMS"   - Create new Application Model - I add few tables in dialog "Load Definicions" and click Load button. I receive message: I/O function: F, mode: 0, on file/table: SYSOBJECTS index: 1 = 42000 [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'sysobjects_FET'. Any ideas? my dbms.asn file contains: [DRIVER_SETTINGS] MSS=U4.0 USYS$MSS_PARAMS create db = on, identifiers = quoted [PATHS] $MSS MSS:UNIFACE_ODBC:Test|uniface|password Thanks.

5 Comments

1. Hi, In case you are trying to access tables that have not been created by Uniface then you need to disable stored procedures (procs:off). Try the following connector settings:

USYS$MSS_PARAMS create db = on, identifiers = quoted, procs = off Hope this helps. Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Thanks a lot. This helps me.

Author: Zemskiy (azyakun@mail.ru)
  3. And please keep the following issues in mind:

• BUG: 30115 - MSS , load definitions: The primary key and other indexes are not loaded.
    • BUG: 30116 - MSS , load definitions: Too many objects are listed.

The mentioned issues have been fixed with the version 9.5.01 patch E117 (or higher) and the version 9.6 patch MX01 (release 9.6.02 or higher). Hope this helps. Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  4. diseli said Hi, In case you are trying to access tables that have not been created by Uniface then you need to disable stored procedures (procs:off). Try the following connector settings:

USYS$MSS_PARAMS create db = on, identifiers = quoted, procs = off Hope this helps. Daniel

Thx Daniel, procs=off is what I needed on a PostgreSQL demo set-up as well, to get this working.   On a more global level:

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)
  5. I would like to add to what Arjen has correctly mentioned the extra line in the ASN file requested for some db drivers is a TEMPORARY one, just needed to execute the "Load Definition" functionality. At the end of execution the database USYS$XXX_Params line could be reverted to the original one. Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)