[SOLVED] Uniface 9.5 uobj copy error

Author: mcolli33@csc.com (mcolli33)

I'm attempting to copy a newly compiled uobj to a database, yet when I run the command ("/cpy $ud6:uobj $ora:uobj") in the idf I receive the following error: "8066 - Copy failed: Open error on input file/table 'uobj'." I've expanded debug and can see that the command is complaining about no udesc.urr or uobj.dol files, so I created them using the /urr and /dol commands. The errors associated with those files then went away but now I am getting a "-1072 - IASM error The requested key value cannot be found". This is repeated at regular intervals throughout the log file. Please can you help.

2 Comments

1. Hi Marc, In your opening post I spot '$UD6' which relates to the March-Hare 'UD6/CMtool driver' (URL) and 'IASM' which seems to relate to GitHub (see URL or URL) or (less likely) to TCS' 'Intelligent Asset Synchronization Manager' (URL). The first error seems to come from the Uniface IDF, indicating that the uobj file cannot be opened through the UD6 driver, while using the /cpy command-line command. The second error seems to be associated with GitHub. Can you please tell us more about your Uniface and version control configuration? Best regards, Arjen van Vliet Solution Consultant Uniface B.V. Amsterdam

Author: Arjen van Vliet (arjen.van.vliet@uniface.com)
  2. mcolli33 said I'm attempting to copy a newly compiled uobj to a database, yet when I run the command ("/cpy $ud6:uobj $ora:uobj") in the idf I receive the following error: "8066 - Copy failed: Open error on input file/table 'uobj'."

Just a quick FYI for the other forum users: This issue also has been forwarded to support. Copying a table (e.g. UOBJ) from one database to another (e.g. from UD6 to ORA) will not work when the specific table is redirected in the [ENTITIES] section. In this case it is necessary to first export the data to a XML file and in a second step (with a different ASN) import the date from XML to the target database. Hope this helps. Regards, Daniel Iseli

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)