Is there a sample drag-and-drop example I can learn from?

Author: justanotherprogrammer@hotmail.com (JEfromCanada)

I've been away from Uniface for nearly a decade.  I'm trying to learn Uniface 9, and one thing I'd like to do is implement a form with two lists of text items (one on the left, and one on the right).  I want to drag items (records) from one list over to another, so that an item is either in one list or the other, but not both.   I've briefly tried looking through the Uniface "Help" document, but the variety of drag/drop implementations is overwhelming and I just need to see a simple example I can use as a coding template.   Can someone help?   Thank you.   Jack Eisenberg

3 Comments

1. Hi Jack, First of all: welcome back to the Uni-verse. Wink I'm not sure if there's a sample out there that demonstrates drag-and-drop between two lists. But maybe you could have a look at the advanced tree sample (GuiTree2.zip) that is part of the Uniface distribution. If you cannot find it then you also could download it from the Community Samples here on Uniface.info (see GUI Sample Advanced Tree in the category Uniface Client Server). The mentioned sample should give you a pretty good idea how the drag-and-drop is done. Hope this helps. Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Daniel,   Thanks for your reply.  Clicking on the "GUI Sample Advanced Tree" link downloads a zip file that Windows reports as being invalid.   I'll see if I can find the file by looking at the Uniface Client Server category.  In the meantime, if you can locate a proper zip file, it would be appreciated.   Jack   [Edit] Although the zip file is corrupt, I was able to use WinRar to "repair" the zip file.  After repairing, the file was *almost* intact (only one of the files was corrupt - an image file).  However, the list of files shown in the readme document looked daunting, so it will take me some time to make it through the example before I even know if it's something I can handle.

Author: JEfromCanada (justanotherprogrammer@hotmail.com)
  3. Jack, Also, thank you for your reply. I don't think that the damaged image file is really important for running the sample. But I've asked my colleague who uploaded the sample to have a look at this problem. Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention.

[Edit]

My colleague has replaced the ZIP file and it should be okay now. And don't be put off by the number of files included in the sample. Since the sample is demonstrating a lot of Tree functionality it's a bit larger then your average sample. Hope this helps. And If I can be of any further assistance, please, let me know. Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)