U 9.2.03 on win 7 64 bit - error urouter / libdlm32.dll

Author: mail@gandg.it (TheAleph)

I've installed Uniface 9.2.03 (last O314) as follow: win Xp 32 bit ok win 7 32 bit ok win 7 64 bit can't start UROUTER MS error 1067 can't start idf or runtime due to libdlm32.dll (can't find the file etc...) try to remove and reinstall, with no changes. Can you help me ? Thanks Roberto

3 Comments

1. libdlm32.dll is part of the dlm licence manager. If you've installed it, on the machine but it isn't found, you could try copying the dll from the DLM installer into common\bin in your uniface install. As I recall there are two other dlls which need ot be copied in. softkey32.dll and tss.dll Iain

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  2. Thanks Iain, installing DLM this problem is solved (why not for 32 bit ??) . But ............... I can't use it due to a problem on the license..................... I'm going to plan a switch to U 9.4 or 9.6.................. Thanks Roberto

Author: TheAleph (mail@gandg.it)
  3. The dlm is separate from the uniface install, so if your 32bit machines were previously installed then the licence manager would carry over? Otherwise, I would expect all versions of Uniface to fail unless those three dll files were available.

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)