doubleClick trigger (non-web)

Author: sergio_enbe@hotmail.com (Sergio Encinas Benítez)

Can the doubleClick trigger can be used in a Entity that have just non-editable editboxes? The trigger is already in use and I wanted to give the users a better way to manipulate the app since they are already scrolling the entity with the mouse. The trigger just send some info to a Report. I want the doubleClick to do the same if it can be done.

3 Comments

1. Hi Sergio, I do not completely understand your question, but here is some info. When you double-click a field the Detail trigger of the field is executed. When there is no code in the Detail trigger of the Field, the Detail trigger of the Entity is executed. For the Detail trigger it does not matter if the field is editable or non-editable. Hope this helps, Theo

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  2. For editboxes, you need to change the behaviour of the widget to get double click to work, default is select-all. Iain

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  3. Thank you. Sorry, the texteditor took away some of my text. "The DETAIL trigger is already in use and I wanted to give the users a better way to manipulate the app since they are already scrolling the entity with the mouse." "The DETAIL trigger just send some info to a Report. I want the doubleClick to do the same if it can be done." What I want is to double click an occurence in any of its non-editable fields and to have the same behavior like the DETAIL, which is used by pressing the INTRO key or the DETAIL ubtton by in the panel that I used.

Author: Sergio Encinas Benítez (sergio_enbe@hotmail.com)