Save debugger‘s preferences file UDBG.CNF to the folder I want

Author: knut.ivar.alvestad@logica.com (knutia)

I don't want the debugger‘s preferences file UDBG.CNF to be saved to my working directory. How can I decide the folder it saves it to?

5 Comments

1. You can control it from udbg.asn (probably in your usysadm folder.) [FILES] udbg.cnf c:\temp\udbg.cnf

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  2. Hi knut, you can do this with the ASN file. With 8.4, there was a separate udbg.asn in the newer versions I have not found it again. But perhaps the USYS.ASN may be a place to go

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  3. It works from udbg.asn in V9.3 at least.

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  4. Thanks for the help. I didn’t have any udbg.asn so I added it to my USYS.ASN in V9.4 and it worked. Before adding this post I tried to add the same line to the idf.asn file, but that didn’t work. Adding it to my USYS.ASN is fine, as it allows me to use same settings for all projects.

Author: knutia (knut.ivar.alvestad@logica.com)
  5. Hi knut, just some background info: if there is any ASN file with the name of the executable, uniface will use this one. This is with idf.exe which uses idf.asn and if you use udbg.exe (the debugger), it will look for a udbg.asn, but not for the idf.asn usys.asn will be used in all cases, so your definitions will do the job in all cases.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)