Changing the edit box caret.

Author: i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk (Iain Sharp)

Every so often marketing/sales come to me and say "Can we change the size of the blinking cursor when focus is in and edit box." (Not, generally as clearly as that, mark you) . I see you can control the mouseover shape, but can see no way of setting the caret within the edit box. Googling gives some answers involving destroycaret and createcaret but this is for VB programs. Does anyone know of a trick or tip to change this. I don't mind if it's for every widget in Uniface, or even based on changing the windows settings for every application, at least then I'd have something more positive than saying "No", every time. Cool

2 Comments

1. Hello Iain, Got the same remark from our customer: "We can't see what field is active. The cursor is so small". As we did not find a way to change the cursor, we activated the setting '$ACTIVE_FIELD COL=6" in the assignment file [SETTINGS] section. This makes the current field yellow. If that is to flashy, you can pick another color. This had some side affect on widgets like tree that became also yellow. We solved that by setting the field layout definition to NAV (no active field video). Jean-Luc

Author: lejolyjl (jean-luc.lejoly@labsolution.lu)
  2. FiresongKt said I see you can control the mouseover shape, but can see no way of setting the caret within the edit box. Googling gives some answers involving destroycaret and createcaret but this is for VB programs.

the article http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms648399%28v=vs.85%29.aspx mentiones the USER32.dll, think we know how to use user32.dll from uniface via signature.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)