Reading logical/physical (index sequential files) in AS/400 – Uniface 9.6.4

Author: parcaya@compuamerica.com.ve (parcaya)

We need to read logical/physical files in AS/400. There is a driver like SqlServer or Oracle to do it?. In version 7 we did it but now in 9.6.4 we don’t know how. If somebody knows how, we will appreciate. Uniface is installed in Windows. In other words, the communication is from Windows to files in AS/400.

6 Comments

1. Maybe you can share the files on the iSeries with Windows? http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=%2Frzahl%2Frzahlwinnsflshr.htm

Author: Theo Neeskens (tneeskens@itblockz.nl)
  2. Hi Pedro. Uniface used to have a DB2/400 driver, that it´s not available anymore. In this case, you can use Uniface PolyServer, Uniface DB2 driver for Windows (in this case you probably will need a software from IBM) or Uniface ODBC driver.

Author: MartinsM (marcelo.aamartins@gmail.com)
  3. Do you know if the files can be accessed using the db2 client software from IBM? My iSeries expertise is limited, but I believe that the filesystem has some kind of layer which makes it appear to be db2? If to, then you could possibly access it using the db2 windows driver, and then use the db2 functionality to connect to the data on the iSeries.

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  4. HI Pedro. Uniface has PolyServer for iSeries (formely AS400) to access Sequential and DB2. It´s also available Virtual Machine and Remote Application Invocation.

Author: MartinsM (marcelo.aamartins@gmail.com)
  5. MartinsM said HI Pedro. Uniface has PolyServer for iSeries (formely AS400) to access Sequential and DB2. It´s also available Virtual Machine and Remote Application Invocation.

Hi Marcelo. The only way is using PolyServer?. There is not other way?. Maybe vía ODBC?

Author: parcaya (parcaya@compuamerica.com.ve)
  6. Theo Neeskens said Maybe you can share the files on the iSeries with Windows? http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=%2Frzahl%2Frzahlwinnsflshr.htm

Thanks for sharing. It is great.    AS400 iSeries

Author: johnland (johnland8193@gmail.com)