EditBox response to valrep similar way as dynamic DDListBox...

Author: dammie@seznam.cz (dammie)

Hello,

is any way how to make EditBox using valreps? I use DDListBoxes widget for this purpose... with Danymic future on so it looks like EditBox... But after this widget come into focus, user reveal the trick that it is Dropdown list :(

(but I dont wanna forbid focusing on this field...)

David

6 Comments

1. Hi,

so it is more a display field than an edit box.

Do you have tried to set the number of choices to zero in the more-properties of the widget?

Maybe that's what you are looking for.

Thomas

Author: Thomas.Young (thomas.young@young-consulting.de)
  2. For a similar thing we used coding <FORMAT> and/or <DEFORMAT>  Trigger (Statement: $format). With $format you set the representation.

<Format> will do the job for "before display", and <Deformat> is nice to use, if you want to let the field be edited by user. Here you can "re-translate" the representation to the value.

Attention, The field contents is then always still the Value, not the calculated value out of the FORMAT Trigger.

Negative: possibly a bit time-consuming, because the triggers are fired in some situations (e.g. before display), so it can take a while, if you got huge hitlists to display with lots of code in the Triggers.

Hope this helps.

Wolfgang

Author: gypsilon (wva@gypsilon.de)
  3. Do you have tried to set the number of choices to zero in the more-properties of the widget?

I dont understand  - it is possibility for drop downl list? I need type this or there is some switch?

Author: dammie (dammie@seznam.cz)
  4. On the "field properties" page,you specify the widget .

On the left of this dropdown list, there is a commandbutton
    leading you to the "widget properties" page.

There you will find options to enter your specifications.

SUccess, Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  5. Hi Uli, thanks for your time, but...

Thomas wrote: Do you have tried to set the number of choices to zero in the more-properties of the widget?

So, I choose widget DropDownList...  click >> near widget to go to DropDownList properties page

But I have no clue where there I set "number of choices".  Myabe Thomas thought edit box where I can set (number of?) "Visible entries", but it didnt helped... (it reduces only number of choices shown in dropdownlist..

If widget is in focus there still appears button with arrow that reveals that widget is DropDownList....

Author: dammie (dammie@seznam.cz)
  6. Hi David,

why not using a normal editfield and populate it with

showfield = $ITEM(valuefield, $valrep(valuefield))

Or use a listbox(no scrollbars) instead of the dropdownlist;
    same functionality as a dropdownlist not so much buttons
    (you have to narrow $valrep as Thomas suggested)

SUccess, Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)