Default Tool Palette - [gfp]

Author: sven.hedqvist@gmail.com (Sven_Hedqvist)

I am trying to get the tool palette to instead of showing the default widgets (of wich we don't use a few) show or most commonly used widgets such as Editbox, Label, Commandbutton, Checkbox and so on. When I change to this: widgets=EditBox,CommandButton,CheckBox,RadioGroup,ListBox I get the default widgets AND those entered by me. What am I doing wrong? And one more thing, how do I get entity and label to show up as my own set of widgets? I would like to have a setup that is: "widgets=Picker,Entity,EditBox,Label,CommandButton,CheckBox,RadioGroup,ListBox" (and then the rest of the widgets in the tool palette as usual, by clicking the bottom one to show the leftovers) //Sven

11 Comments

1. Hi Sven,

have you checked (the different) usys.ini ?

In most cases the defaults are taken from these usys.xxx

SUccess, Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  2. As far as I can see I have changed all the ini-files now, and I get the same result..

Author: Sven_Hedqvist (sven.hedqvist@gmail.com)
  3. Hi Sven,

which uniface version are you using exactly (I will set up my own experiment area for this issue)?.

Success, Uli

P.S. what about deleting all these widget mappings "slider=uslider(...)" just for one unused widget?

4. I am using 9.3.02.01 (P209 0310_2). I am not sure what you mean by "P.S. what about deleting all these widget mappings "slider=uslider(...)" just for one unused widget?" /Sven

5. Just remove the definition of widget who are not used and check after.

Author: apicaud (antoine.picaud@free.fr)
  6. Ah, yes I see. The thing is though that most are used, but some very seldom

7. Hi Sven,

it's only to see if we can get rid of these entries or if "the lab" had hardcode these widgets in the Tool Palette.

Success, Uli

8. It is quite possible to remove a widget, but it seems not possible to get rid of the default ones in the beginning like the fairly useless "Field"-widget choice. I guess I'll have to accept having those around plus the ones we mostly use as I wrote about earlier.. bummer..

9. Hi Sven,

the "Field" is not as useless as it may look like.;

Paint a "Field", rename it to a modeled field and it will inherit the modeled properties.
    No need to find the "correct" widget in the first place.

Success, Uli

After all, the tool palette roots when uniface introduced widgets for the first time (UnifaceSix)
    usability may look different nowadays

10. True (about the inheritance) but we don't use fields direct from model 99.9% of the time =)

11. FYI

I checked the GFP implementation and found that the tool palette of the GFP has a set of hard coded buttons which cannot be changed, And as you found out, you can configure the tool palette to a certain extend.

Jasper

Author: Jasper (jasper.de.keijzer@compuware.com)