[SOLVED] Again Outlook Signatures

Author: l_giuliante@shsistemi.it (LG1949)

Hi all, I have problems with some signatures of Outlook (as already noted by others in different posts in previous years). Some signatures do not actually work as expected and I would like to solve in particular the one related to the BCC (hidden copy) whose operation is not recognized by Uniface. The Microsoft documentation in this case refers to the use of Recipients to change the type of the Receiver from TO to BCC but I would like to look for a more direct solution, if possible. Many thanks Luigi

6 Comments

1. Hello Luigi, do you use upopmail? mailApiHandle->SetBCCList(BCC.MESSAGE.NM) Can you Show the Code you are using? Kind regards Norbert

Author: Lauterbach (norbert.lauterbach@infraserv.com)
  2. LG1949 said Hi all, I have problems with some signatures of Outlook (as already noted by others in different posts in previous years). Some signatures do not actually work as expected and I would like to solve in particular the one related to the BCC (hidden copy) whose operation is not recognized by Uniface. The Microsoft documentation in this case refers to the use of Recipients to change the type of the Receiver from TO to BCC but I would like to look for a more direct solution, if possible. Many thanks Luigi  

Hi Luigi, Could you please provide more details? I guess you've imported the COM signatures for Outlook using the IDF command line option '/sti /mwr=com'. It would help if you could tell us to which (COM) signature and operation you are referring. And maybe provide the link to the Microsoft documentation as well. Thanks, Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  3. I do not use upopmail (I did it in previous years) but I call Outlook signatures. The form that builds the email for Outlook has been operating for several years and the only problems I've ever had are related to CC and BCC. My signatures are imported with the command '/ sti / mwr = com' and the operations are all present (and compiled) in my repository. Calls that give unrecognized operation errors are of this type:        OutlookMailItem-> bcc (P_BCC) or         OutlookMailItem-> cc (P_CC) The other signatures (at least those I use) have no problems; eg :       OutlookMailItem-> to (P_ADDRESS)   PS: I use Outlook 2010 and problems can be related also by different versions of Outlook Thanks Luigi

Author: LG1949 (l_giuliante@shsistemi.it)
  4. Hi Luigi, Thanks for the info. I had a look at the COM Signatures generated for Outlook 2016, but I cannot find any operations called 'bcc', 'cc' or 'to' when I check the signature for MailItem. I can find properties with the mentioned names and the corresponding SET and GET operations (e.g. SET_BCC). Which PID did you use to import the COM signatures? I've used Outlook.Application (e.g. idf.exe /sti /mwr=com /pid Outlook.Application). I also had a look at the documentation and I think that I've found what you are referring to: * MailItem.BCC Property (Outlook)

Returns a String representing the display list of blind carbon copy (BCC) names for a MailItem . Read/write.

Syntax

expression . BCC

expression A variable that represents a MailItem object.

Remarks

This property contains the display names only. The Recipients collection should be used to modify the BCC recipients. If I read the documentation correctly then you have to set the (B)CC recipients like this:

OutlookMailItem->GET_RECIPIENTS(hRECIPIENTS) ; hRECIPIENTS is a handle hRECIPIENTS->ADD(sName, hRECIPIENT) ; sName is a string with the recipient name; hRECIPIENT is a handle hRECIPIENT->SET_TYPE(3) ; 3 = olBCC (for details see OlMailRecipientType Enumeration (Outlook)) I don't think that there's a more direct solution. Hope this helps. Daniel

5. Hi Daniel, it's exactly the same Microsoft documentation I've consulted so I was hoping to find a more nice way. As you says set_cc and set_bcc are part of the MAILITEM signature, Many thanks Luigi

Author: LG1949 (l_giuliante@shsistemi.it)
  6. Thanks Luigi. And you are welcome. Daniel