When hangging userver processes will be killed?

Author: hschmidt@versorgungskammer.de (Hendrik Schmidt)

Hello, I'm new in the Uniface world. Sometimes we can see with select s.sid, se.machine, se.process, se.username, to_char(se.logon_time, 'DD.MM.YY HH24:MI:SS') login_time, s.value, se.program from v$sesstat s, v$statname n, v$session se  where n.name = 'session pga memory' and n.statistic#=s.statistic# and s.sid=se.sid order by se.logon_time; eg:  613 m1 15532162 user1 16.03.17 07:34:03 2548832 userver@m1(TNS V1-V3) processes from the last day(s). in 99% the cases this processes will be finished automatically from the System (latest after 2-3 days) We are using Windows 10 Clients and the database on AIX (Oracle 11). Question 1: Which process will kill this processes Question 2: Sometimes (1%) of this processes will not finished automatically and we kill it on UNIX -> in this cases the Urouter finished without Errors in the urouterlog file if the userver process not older as one day. Is that known or is there an answer, why it breaks? Many thanks in Advance Hendrik

4 Comments

1. Hi Hendrik, In your description you've mentioned W10 clients but from your text my gotfeel is you are working in a web environment using uservers. If my gotfeel is right you should explore startup parameters for UST defined into urouter.asn. Parameters like -max -maxreq -maxidle I think are those you are looking for... Hope it helps! Regards, Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  2. Henrik, welcome to Uniface and Uniface.info.  This is the kind of issue where you will be better off contacting the support team for assistance, they usually needs to be approached step by step.  What is killing the process, could be a number of things for example, are there external scripts/programs which are checking for rogue processes, are there settings like Gianni mentioned above or in the OS?  The cause could be many reasons, could be environmental in the deployment environment (OS, database, other technologies), could be programming in the application logic, or could be a Uniface issue in the product. 

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)
  3. Hello all, Thanks for the answer. Seems the behaviour is not a known behaviour und then of cause an anylsse by Suppport needed. In the Moment, no Problem Comes up with too much hanging sessions.   regardsConfused Hendrik

Author: Hendrik Schmidt (hschmidt@versorgungskammer.de)
  4. Hi Now we updated to 9.7.0.4 G406 and the issue seems to be done.   regards

Author: Hendrik Schmidt (hschmidt@versorgungskammer.de)