What´s simplest way how to create Excel 2010 xlsx file

Author: dammie@seznam.cz (dammie)

I wanna create data for EXCEL In previous version of EXCEL just dumped txt data separed with tabelators and saved in .xls Is there any way how to do it with xlsx suffix?

10 Comments

1.  The newer Excel versions (I've tested with Excel 2016) seem to check the file content before opening it. A text file that contains some data with tabulators with the extension .xls or .xlsx is generating an error now. Excel error when opening text file with extension .xls or .xlsx   You could, however, create a .csv file (text data using a comma as separator) and open it with Excel. That still seems to work. Hope this helps.

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Or for the more "adventurous" types: I just saw that an .xlsx file is basically a ZIP archive that contains numerous XML files. So, in theory, it should be possible to generate a .xlsx file using structToXml and filecopy to ZIP. Wink Content of .xlsx file   I have not tried this. But if I can find some time I'll give it a go. Or has someone else already done this? Thanks.

3. Hi all, IMHO dumping from Uniface a text based .CSV files then converting it via an Excel macro to an Excel file (as an alternative convert action could be from an [Open|Star|Libre] Office macro to a [Open|Star|Libre] Office file). When generating CSV file formulas can be directly defined from Uniface program...or macro can receive an input to do it...as well as to do MANY other things...there are NO limits! All in all it's quite a powerful and customizable solution...and everything without any enduser action. Hope it helps... Regards, Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  4. Doesn't Excel 2010 still have the com interface? You can use that to write data directly into cells in a spreadsheet, save it etc...  Iain

Author: Iain Sharp (i.sharp@pcisystems.co.uk)
  5. Hi all,  A remark / question to Gianni We use to do export to excel file as you say (Dump .csv and  format with Excel macro ) But our problem is that we have very bad performances while generating this dump file using the function "Filedump" . We have to export a GREAT number of occurences (often > 100 000) and in this case, Uniface is very slow. For example, on the same Oracle table, If we compare the times between a filedump Uniface and an export from R , we have these results: Images intégrées 1 Any ideas to make this filedump function faster ? Thanks Daniel

Author: cabero (daniel.cabero@euralis.com)
  6. hi we are providing a completely different approach called LXScript which I presented on two uniface user meetings at NL and DE.  The echo was very positive, so we decided to commercialize LXScript as an addon to Uniface that will be made available through a web shop.  Instead of focusing on specific topics (like creating an excel files through intermediate steps) we make the necessary technology directly available to Uniface by extending it.  The extension is bidirectional and opens completely new possibilities to Uniface developers : regular expression, reading from/writing to real Excel files (including formating, charts, ...), easy to write webservices, all kind of networking, image processing, graphic rendering, real xml processing, encrypting  ....  those fancy things that are difficult to achieve with Uniface alone.  And all this in an intuitive way and fully embedded in the Uniface runtime environment, not like a spawn shell/bat command limited to one OS. You may google for labsolution and LXScript to get more information. The commercialization process is not fully finished, but do not hesitate to contact me for more information. Best regards gerd

Author: gerd (gerd.vassen@labsolution.lu)
  7. Iain Sharp said Doesn't Excel 2010 still have the com interface? You can use that to write data directly into cells in a spreadsheet, save it etc...  Iain  

Yes, it still is possible to use COM to interface with Excel, but the question was: what is the simplest way? Wink Creating/editing the XML files within the .xlsx archive is also not really simply. It requires a good understanding of Open XML documents. Daniel

8. Hi Daniel, IIRC, in 2009 we had some discussion on the performance on extralong strings in Uniface. With some "split the processing" with just a single buffer as "middleware", one can get a pretty good performance: Gain of the approach: 3 seconds instead of 115 (> 97%) If you need more info on this, please contact me, Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  9. cabero said ... A remark / question to Gianni We use to do export to excel file as you say (Dump .csv and  format with Excel macro ) But our problem is that we have very bad performances while generating this dump file using the function "Filedump" . ... Any ideas to make this filedump function faster ? ... 

Hi Daniel, explaining in a short answer some tricky tecniques is never a simple task....but... basically you should try to reduce things you request Uniface runtime to do. You can achieve this goal simplifying your code...some suggestions: 1) You can print to file instead of dumping with filedump... 2) You can buffer a string in memory dumping it to file from time to time instead of in each loop... 3) Uli has already mentioned in his post the possibility to have a "middleware" component specialized to collect and dump infos... These are just some ideas to work on...but I assure you can improve a lot! Hope it helps... Gianni

Author: gianni (gianni.sandigliano@unifacesolutions.com)
  10. hello every one  my name is john and i am convert xlsx to xls using onlineconvertfree site. This site is very usefull to Convert File.

Author: ofconvert (bhagirathvala79@gmail.com)