[SOLVED] Simple DSP leads to 300 URD_MW_ERROR

Author: bel@mail.bg (vspirid)

Hey, team! Trying to create simple DSP page with entity and field. Test and compilation are without reported errors.   The issue is - when I try to see the page in my web browser I got the following: Error details : 300 URD_MW_ERROR Middleware : UV8 Error# : Failure in the connection to the UNIFACE Application Server Error Text : Cannot connect to the UNIFACE process on the remote address/port. Error ID : 15235e96abd Please contact your system administrator.   Any help is appreciated, thank you!

5 Comments

1. vspirid said Hey, team! Trying to create simple DSP page with entity and field. Test and compilation are without reported errors.   The issue is - when I try to see the page in my web browser I got the following: Error details : 300 URD_MW_ERROR Middleware : UV8 Error# : Failure in the connection to the UNIFACE Application Server Error Text : Cannot connect to the UNIFACE process on the remote address/port. Error ID : 15235e96abd Please contact your system administrator.   Any help is appreciated, thank you!

It is possible that the UServer has trouble contacting the URouter. Please check the urouter.asn file that is located in {Uniface Installation Dir}/common/adm (e.g. "C:/Program Files (x86)/Uniface/Uniface 9.7.01/common/adm"). By default you should find a $default_net setting that has the (e.g.) following value:

$default_net = TCP:+13001||| Try to replace it with:

$default_net = TCP:127.0.0.1+13001||| After changing the setting please make sure to restart the URouter Service. The default port that is used by Uniface is 13001, but it could be different in your environment. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel Iseli Uniface Support

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Hey, diseli! I followed your instructions, but there is no change. After further investigation I see, that userver does not start, when I test my DSP. The process is not listed in UROUTER monitor neither in windows processes. What should be the reason about this?   Thank you!

Author: vspirid (bel@mail.bg)
  3. Hey vspirid, Thanks for your reply. In the Uniface Library you can find a topic that covers some of the most common WRD errors:

If this does not help then next we could check if the userver user account exists. It is possible that during the installation the userver could not be created because the provided password did not met the password rules. Or it's also possible that the user account already existed, but the password specified during installation did not match. Usually the installer does tell you at the end if there was a problem with the userver account. In case the the userver account does not exist then you can manually create it using urouter.exe. For details see:

Please note that in case the userver account did not exist (or is using a different password) then you need to make sure that it is also used in the logon path used by the WRD. You can find that info in the web.xml file located (by default) in {UnifaceInstallDir}/uniface/webapps/uniface/WEB-INF. See also:

In addition you also can check if the urouter / userver log files contain any additional errors. The log file should be by default in C:/Users/{username}/Documents/Uniface 97 Development/log. You can add $ioprint=255 in [SETTINGS] in the file {UnifaceInstallDir}/common/adm/urouter.asn to get more information. $putmess_logfile in this file determines where the log file is written. Restart the Urouter after changing the asn. Then re-test and check the log file. Hope this helps. Kind regards, Daniel Iseli Uniface Support

4. Hey, diseli!   Huge thanks for you support and cooperation! The issue was based on missing accounts for Uniface components. Once the accounts are created I specified them in web.xml as   <init-param> <param-name>MIDDLEWARE</param-name> <param-value>UV8:localhost+13001|account_name|account_password|wasv</param-value> </init-param>   and all works quite good. Thanks once again and keep up the good work!

Author: vspirid (bel@mail.bg)
  5. Hey vspirid, It's good to hear that you get it working. Cool And you are welcome. Smile Kind regards, Daniel Iseli Uniface Support