If somebody has example of using .NET in Uniface, like library or any other ways?

Author: grigorfortran@gmail.com (_baterfly)

If somebody has example of using .NET in Uniface, like library or any other ways?

4 Comments

1. Hi,

there is an article "How to incorporate Microsoft .NET components in Uniface" at the Frontline site. As a fact, it's not very flexible to use .net components as you have to register them and install them on every client. Perhaps you can make a workaround if you are a very talented interop-programmer.

The best way is perhaps to publish the .net components as web-services, which on the other side puts another level of complexity to your applications.

Regards RogerW.

Author: rogerw (roger.wallin@abilita.fi)
  2. I think (for me) and easiest way is a wrapper-dll in C++ to write.
    In Uniface you can call it as 3-gl Funktion. In C++ you can call the C#/vb.net Classes

Author: bwigant (bernd@wigant.de)
  3. Yep, we use .NET in U9.4, e.g GRID and other object.

uri_e@one1.co.il

Uri Eitan

Author: uri_e (uri_e@one1.co.il)
  4. I succesfully use .Net libraries as Com or OCX libraries.Com objects are used for extremely large computing operations. OCX  are used implement special graphics and forms in Uniface forms.For OCX creation use Microsoft.InteropForm tools.

Reg-free load can be used for COM objects, but it needs C library  to load activation context. In version 9.4 Reg-Free works  only for COM not for OCX.

Libraries must be installed as  trusted .. on local disc, or its strong name key must be registered as trusted on computer.

vojta@incad.cz

Author: vojta (vojta@incad.cz)