Blog

Versions Compared

Key

• This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Job blog1

The resulting website containing the vulnerabilities is shown above. Each tool was tested on its rate of discovery and the number of false positives. This latter number was much higher for most static tools, but was expected due to prior research and for theoretical reasons. The number of vulnerabilities tool found what varied widely as can be seen in the graphs below. Some vulnerabilities itself were hard to found altogether (such as path traversal requiring guessing of the right file name). But this was perhaps due to the nature of Uniface of being hard to scan, which makes it harder for actual attackers. A more detailed discussion on the results can be found in my final thesis:  [link].

Job blog2

Despite the results containing few surprises, the internship offered me a great time at the Uniface development department, which proved to be both helpful and educational. In just a few months’ time I was able to learn a new development language, build an application and carry out the work for my thesis thanks to the working environment and colleagues that helped me overcome any big hurdle. For this, my gratitude.