Good morning, someone knows how to upload a CIF file. In V9 it was very simple.

Thanks

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

It's unfortunate that the lack of the CASE LOAD/UNLOAD functionality in Uniface 10 is not listed anywhere as discontinued functionality. A customer I'm currently working for, relies heavily on CASE LOAD for all maintenance of and extensions to their application models. They use SAP Powerdesigner to model all tables, keys and relationships. Merely a command line switch for the import of CIF files would be sufficient. 
      To my knowledge, the CIF import / CASE LOAD relies on proprietary Uniface 3GL functions that are not exposed via a 4GL API, so it's not easily doable to create a user defined worksheet or menu for this functionality.

I'm afraid that the functionality to import/export CASE definitions using CASE Interface Format or (in short) CIF files is not available in Uniface 10 anymore.

For what exactly do you use CIF files in V9? I know that it is used by some to transfer single entities (instead of the complete model) between different development environments. In Uniface 10 it's now possible to export a single entity to XML. So, for the above mentioned use case you don't need CIF files anymore.