Hi Freaks

One customer called me tofay, a component hangs ...
By a Teamviewer session, I found the origin:
No, the component is still running but after leaving one field FLD_A1, you could not longer jump (keyboard or mouse) to another*) field FLD_B1. 

*) there are different entities painted  into the component,, let's say ENT_A and ENT_B
ENT_A is a dummy, non-database entity, holding FLD_A1 and a second field FLD_A2
FLD_B2 is in ENT_B.
ENT_A and ENT_B are not related together.
What's happend is that when you try to jump from FLD_A1 to FLD_B1, UnifACe tries to validate ENT_A
And FLD_A2 do have a syntax of "LEN(1-1)" so UnifAce want excatly one character in FLD_A2.
As this blinking cursor is very small and your focus is already on FLD_B1, you miss this and think, UnifAce hangs.

This looks quite plausible, but ...
But under UnifAce 9, there was not such behavior.
You can switch from (non-databes) entities  - if you never touched FLD_A2 - without any "problem"

With UnifAce 10 this changed, or?

Question:
Did this behaviour change from UF9 to UF10?
And/or is the any setting preventig from doing so.

I'll check if this constellation appears in other components.
Hope, that not or not that often.
Else we could not deliver UF10 to our costumers (sad)

Ingo

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Guude

We never used $validation (smile)

And an update to the problem:
      In our code, there is a line

FLD_A1.ENT_A = value    ; where ENT_A is non database and FLD_A1 do have "LEN(1-1)"

After this assignment $occvalidation(ENT_A) change to 1 (this is true for UF9 and UF10)
      With UF10 this leads to a validation of ENT_A when one try to leave the entity
      Under UF9 there is no validation at all

If I change the line to

FLD_A1.ENT_A/init = value

$occvalidation(ENT_A) is still 0 so even with UF10 there is no validation when changing the active path

Ingo

Just to rule out environment configuration differences, is $validation=limited in your Uniface 9 assignment file from a previous migration but not in your Uniface 10 assignment file?  $VALIDATION (uniface.com)

Regards,

David