Hello everyone,

my problem :
- Oracle 11 database and Uniface 9.7

- Entity with a Long field defined as VC * as the last field of the structure
- Export of data to an XML file via /cpy
- In the conceptual model now I modify the structure of the entity by inserting new fields before the Long field
- Analyze model
- Creation of the table in Oracle by script with the new structure or, alternatively, insertion of a record in the table through a FastForm to obtain the creation of the table in the Database
- Import of XML file data via /cpy
- Reading test of imported data (by fastform)
- Truncation data error of an entity column

Apparently the data import does not correctly distribute the data in the long field of the table database between the table itself and the overflow table (entity name + prefix 'O').
There are too many characters in the long field of the main entity (probably the same number of characters that were present in the Oracle table BEFORE the entity change in the conceptual model).
With the new structure, more of those characters should be assigned to the long field of the overflow table.
The fact that the entity's Long field is now preceded by new fields in the model (globally longest record) amidst the import procedure.
To verify this, I modified the data XML file by inserting the definition of the new fields in the description of the table structure in the first lines of the file.
At this point I repeated the import and everything worked correctly so the old data was readable via the form.

I don't remember having a problem of this type in the numerous imports and exports that I did previously.
Maybe the contents of the long fields never required the use of the overflow table? (it's a question I ask myself)

Many Thanks

Luigi

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

Hi Daniel,

I had assumed that the repository definitions were used by default but if this can solve the problem I will try to avoid similar difficulties with similar situations.

Many thanks

Luigi

Dear Luigi,

Did you use any mapping when importing the data with /cpy? Something like:

/cpy xml:exported_data.xml def: #

The mapping '#' will make sure that the target Repository definitions are used.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
        Daniel