Windows updates July 13, 2021 causes APS to fail start
Issue applies to the following host operating systems running Uniface Anywhere version 6:
- Windows Server 2019 Standard/Datacenter
- Windows 10 x64 Pro/Ent 1809/2004/20H2/21H1
When Windows Updates released on July 13th are applied:
1. The computer will fail to start on the first attempt.
2. Uniface Anywhere will disable itself.
3. The computer will start on the second attempt but Uniface Anywhere will be disabled.
- To re-enable Uniface Anywhere, delete the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\DBCM.bin file and restart the computer.
- When Windows Compatibility Assurance is enabled, Host Update 6.0.4.a is automatically downloaded and installed on Uniface Anywhere Hosts running version 22.214.171.124753 on Windows Server 2019, and Windows 10, versions 2004, 20H2 and 21H1.
- When Windows Compatibility Assurance is not enabled: Host Update 6.0.4.a can be manually installed on these systems. Located at: https://download.uniface.com/downloads/UnifaceAnywhere/v6/
- Critical updates supplied under Windows Compatibility Assurance can contain files with code signing Certificates issued by GraphOn Corporation.
This is intentionally and by design to be able to deliver patches with the lowest risk of downtime of the Host that requires the update.
- A separate login is required for downloading Uniface software. If no login credentials for https://download.uniface.com are present, a registration is required.