I want to send a ZPL string to a zebra printer from Uniface.  Is this possible?

We used to do this through 3GL, but the customer has complicated the issue and now they want to be able to select a Zebra printer from the network OR have one attached directly to the machine.

We are using 9.7.05 with Oracle 12c / SQL Server 2017

CommentAdd your comment...

2 answers

I guess there is a normal Windows printer driver for this Zebra printer? Would it not be possible to just print a ZPL string that you assign to an Edit Box on a Form or Report? It seems that you can do something similar when printing from Word to a Zebra printer.

And I seem to remember that one customer asked if it's possible to copy a ZPL file to a printer from Uniface. I've told him, if the printer in question is available through a network share then it probably is possible to use filecopy to send the ZPL file to the printer. I've never received any feedback after that and I therefore don't know if it worked or not.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
      Daniel

Hi Joanne

Is the problem now to send ZPL-instructions to a printer (knwo by UnifAce) or select a printer to which the data should be sent?
        Independend of this: ZPL is a sequence of statments coded in ASCII. so there should now problem to send this via UnifAce to a printer.
        One of our customers uses SLP-printers (Seiko instruments) and with them there is (workplace-side) driver.
        By this driver, you can list all avaible (SLP-) printers, select them and print to it.
        All done by simple 3GL calls in UnifAce

Ingo