UNIFACE.EXE, version: 8.4.6.605, error

Author: pakrapf@gmail.com (pkrapf)

Anybody know what causes this error in the Uniface.exe version 8.4.6.605 on Windows XP and Windows 7? Is there a patch to fix this? Faulting application name: UNIFACE.EXE, version: 8.4.6.605, time stamp: 0x4836bee1 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000 Faulting process id: 0xd8c Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1d81ab73342f Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Compuware\Uniface8.4.05\bin\UNIFACE.EXE Faulting module path: unknown Report Id: bc723c07-8975-11e3-bf25-000c291941f1 Exception code 0xc0000005 is an Access Violation. An AV at fault offset 0x00000000 means that something in the code is accessing a nil pointer…

4 Comments

1. Hi pkrapf As Jan already told, first of all install the latest patch. If there is still a crash, enable all proc-tracing possibilities. If you have good luck, the crash is excatly on using on statement. Then try it without this statment. Maybe there is a workaround in your code If you do have bad luck, the crash is in the middle in nowhere. Then it is the best to migrate to UnifAce 9 Ingo

Author: istiller (i2stiller@gmx.de)
  2. Hello, As version 8 is no longer supported, we are limited in our ability to help. Still, a good first step would be to check for existing 8.4 patches. The version information 8.4.6.605 tells us that you are currently on patch D605. Since D605 we have released 7 more patches. Some of the fixes in these patches solve a crash. The contents of these later patches can be found here: http://frontline.compuware.com/products/uf/fixes/patchlist/patches8406.aspx (login required). The same page also contains links for downloading.

Author: JanCees (jan.cees.boogaard@uniface.com)
  3. Hi,   I experience similar issue with our production environment running on v8.4.04.01. The users are recently reporting application crashes. It happens randomly. The user opens component B from component A and when clicking on A after returned from B the application window closes without any error message. It seems to be an error in one of the Uniface dll (yrtl.dll). I found the following report in the Windows event viewer: The application, uniface.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 07/18/2014 @ 03:36:33.121 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 2A0463B6 (yrtl!UProcessNextEvent)   Any advice is very welcome! Beside the known "upgrade to version 9" Smile Regards, Zoltan Seres   PS: I could not insert an image. Does this menu function work?

Author: ZoliZoli (zoltan.seres@gmail.com)
  4. you should ensure you are on the most current maintenance for Uniface 8.4 as a minimum.  If you still have issues, then share with us more details on what is happening immediately before the crash. You can get this information from the message frame (write it to file), and set the IO level up to see if that gives pointers.  Memory dumps are not that helpful. Uniface is all about executed code, transactions, etc, etc.  Ingo is right (as usual!), analyse it from a Uniface code perspective, not from the dump.  

Author: Adrian Gosbell (adrian.gosbell@synapse-i.jp)