Release announcement of Uniface JTi version 4.8.1
Author: firstname.lastname@example.org (Nico Peereboom)
Uniface JTi Technical Support is pleased to announce the availability of Uniface JTi version 4.8.1 for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows environments. Release Highlights:
- Host support for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) Professional and Enterprise Editions.
- Host support for Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit) Standard Edition.
- Client support for Windows 8.1
- Client support for Firefox 24 ESR on Windows and Linux
- Client support for OS-X Mavericks 10.9
- Client support for Internet Explorer 11
- Several Major Product fixes
Release 4.7 and 4.8 Highlights:
- Host Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Client Support for IE10, Firefox 17, and Chrome on Windows.
- Client Support for Linux Ubuntu 12.04.
- Smart Card logon support.
- Automatic Client keyboard support.
This new version is build 126.96.36.19958 and is downloadable from: Location: ftp://ftp.compuware.com/pub/uniface/patches/jti/v4/ For supported X86 platforms: V4x86JTiHost-20658.exe For supported X64 platforms: V4x64JTiHost-20658.exe For support files, readme files, test license file and announcements on Uniface JTi version 4: ftp://ftp.compuware.com/pub/uniface/patches/jti/v4 NOTES: Please be aware of the following:
- As of Uniface JTi version 4.8.1, the code is signed with Uniface B.V. owned certificates instead of the previous Compuware owned certificates. In case the used operating system or web browser asks confirmation, or when the code-signing is verified, the supplier will be identified as Uniface B.V. from this version/patch on.
- With the release of Uniface JTi 4.7, all product bug fixes and support for Microsoft updates, will only be done on version 4.7 or up.
- Customers using Uniface JTi versions prior to 4.7 (any build number) need to update their Uniface JTi version to a supported version as soon as possible.
- Due to product changes a 4.8 (new) license file is required for Uniface JTi 4.8 to run. Please contact your Local support representative for it. Future minor product updates will not require a new license file.
- Communication about the Uniface JTi product will be done through the channels already in use for the Uniface product line. This will mainly be through www.uniface.com and uniface.info.
This page has no comments.