Error 6535 - cannot start Web Browser

Author: jon-butler@softwareimaging.com (jonb)

Hi,   I picked up a project (from the Uniface Tutorial), from another engineer, on their machine it works fine. When I compile & test the dynamic web page I see an error "6535 - cannot start Web browser". I have searched for information on this error but cannot find any solution.   I am running Uniface 9.6.0.6, Windows 7 x64 SP1.   Any suggestions welcome, I'm guessing its related to my system but am at a loss as to what could be causing this.   Jon

3 Comments

1. Hi Jon, it seems that you are either using a different browser than your colleague or it's located in a different directory. When you open the screen for the Test Mode Preferences (menu Utilities > Preferences > Test Mode...) then you can find under the section "Server Page Settings" the setting "Test Browser". Here you specify which Browser you would like to use for testing Uniface Server Pages and where it's located. And you also need to make sure that the setting "Test URL" (also located on the Test Mode Preferences screen) is set correctly. When you install Uniface the Setup program will tell you which port the local Tomcat Web Server will use (and you also have the choice to modify it). The Web Server is needed for running Server Pages and Uniface needs to know the correct URL where it could find them. If you need more info about how the Web Test Environment is configured then have a look at the following topic in the documentation (Uniface Library):

I hope this helps. Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)
  2. Hi Daniel,   That worked a treat.   Thanks,   JonCool

Author: jonb (jon-butler@softwareimaging.com)
  3. Hi Jon, Thanks for your feedback. And you are welcome. Glad to hear that you got it working now. Smile Daniel

Author: diseli (daniel.iseli@uniface.com)