Debugger in web app

Author: ablancouribe@compuamerica.com.ve (bioalexy)

Hi, I have a DSP which contains a DSP Container that load another page in the Execute of my main page, when i run the app it works perfectly but when i run the Debugger my DSP Container dont load the page. What im doing wrong? Im using tcp debugger

8 Comments

  1. Very occasionally running the debugger can influence the program execution, but chances are something else is going on here. I wouldn't expect a difference in behaviour. Could you perhaps post the code you have in the execute trigger of your main page?


    Author: James Rodger (james.r.rodger@gmail.com)
  2. Here is the code:   public web login.login = "login" return (0)


    Author: bioalexy (ablancouribe@compuamerica.com.ve)
  3. That should work, but it'll result in 2 round trips to the server. It's possible that's what's making the debugger a bit confusing to use. Try this instead which will start up the DSP before assigning it to the container. That'll means a second callback to the server won't be required.   public web activate "login".exec() login.login = "login" return(0)


    Author: James Rodger (james.r.rodger@gmail.com)
  4. Hi James, Still not working


    Author: bioalexy (ablancouribe@compuamerica.com.ve)
  5. Hi James, I was debugging another DSP with more uniface widgets (Editbox, Checkbox, etc) and when i inspected the elements in the browser i realized that uniface is not generating the Dojo elements. This is only happening when i use the debugger.


    Author: bioalexy (ablancouribe@compuamerica.com.ve)
  6. Do you get any errors in your browser's console? It depends on the browser but you can usually open it up using ctrl+shift+i, navigate to the console tab and then press F5 to reload the page. Is it only breaking when you actually halt the debugger? Or does it always break when you use the debug URL? i.e. Does http://localhost:8080/uniface/wrd/YOUR_DSP always work but http://localhost:8080/uniface/debug/YOUR_DSP always break? If so it would be worth checking how those 2 USTs are setup in your urouter.asn. You should have something like this: wasv = userver.exe /dir="C:\ProgramData\Uniface 96 Development\project" /adm="C:\Program Files (x86)\Compuware\Uniface 9.6\uniface\adm" /asn=wasv.asn debug = userver.exe /max=1 /dir="C:\ProgramData\Uniface 96 Development\project" /adm="C:\Program Files (x86)\Compuware\Uniface 9.6\uniface\adm" /deb=localhost+13003:wait /asn=wasv.asn The only difference should be the addition of the /max and /deb switches


    Author: James Rodger (james.r.rodger@gmail.com)
  7. I found the problem, my userver for debug was missing the /adm switch.   Thanks for the help


    Author: bioalexy (ablancouribe@compuamerica.com.ve)
  8. You're welcome, glad it's working.


    Author: James Rodger (james.r.rodger@gmail.com)