8.402 IDE on Windows Server 2003 - 8011 licence not available

Author: dugeen@yahoo.com (dugeen)

I've tried installing the 8.402 IDE on a Windows Server 2003 machine for the first time, and am getting error 8011 Licence not available.

Using lau.exe I checked that the licence servers named in the asn file $license_options setting were reachable and that the necessary licences were present and correct. (This is the old pre-DLM version of the licencing system).

What could be causing this do you think?

4 Comments

1. Hi,

do you have checked your available plattform licenses?

Maybe you have only WXP or WN1 or similar. I am not sure about the necessary feature (WN2 or better W32).

Another point can be the uniface version (U8xxxx) you need as feature.

So the questions are, if you are allready using 8.4 and you update your plattform (operating-system) or do you upgrade your uniface version, or both?

Best regards

Thomas

Author: Thomas.Young (thomas.young@young-consulting.de)
  2. as I answered your question on T.U.R.F: http://hosted.byjones.net/turf/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1278#p3287

Before DLM, the sek is operating system specific.
    But you can try to use the compatibility mode for the properties of idf.exe and uniface.exe

Uli

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)
  3. Thank you both. The compatibility mode suggestion worked excellently.

The odd thing is that uniface.exe has always worked fine on this server, so possibly Compuware have put different OS restrictions on our uniface.exe licence file from our idf.exe licence file.

Author: dugeen (dugeen@yahoo.com)
  4. .. think it's the problem if uniface can identify your OS properly.

In the past, new windows versions have not been identified completely, apart from their windows nature.

So you could use brand new windows boxes even with a w2k license.

As Daniels article shows up, the good old times are over now,
    hope they are prepared for a lot of emergency calls when a customer just got a new PC.

Author: ulrich-merkel (ulrichmerkel@web.de)